Hi, Folks. It indeed takes a village, or in this case, a city. We are ready to dig in and start planting so we need you to let us know when you can help us get our gardens in or if you can help us in some other ways like with signage and with some items we are in need of:
Please RSVP if you can join us. We have garden planting parties scheduled:
- Friday, 8/16 9 am – 3 pm at The Flying Squirrel Community Space on Clarissa Street
- Thursday, 8/22 8 am -2 pm at the Lynch-Bradford residence on Seneca Parkway
- Friday, 8/23 1:30 – 4:30 pm at The Episcopal Diocese on East Main Street
- Wednesday, 8/28 4-6 pm at The Episcopal Diocese on East Main Street
- Thursday, 8/29 10-3 at various sites with our Wilson Day volunteers
…With more to come soon, you can check out our calendar at: http://lotsoffood.org/events/2013-08/
Items we are in need of:
- Wood chip mulch, preferably delivered to one of our sites – please email me for more information
- Frozen juice can lids – 400 needed by 8/28
- Metal hangers – 200 needed by 8/28
- Wire – similar to that from Chinese food takeout containers – 100 needed by 8/28
- Metal Fencing and stakes – for protecting some of our babies (small trees like pawpaws)
- Calendula plants – does anyone have 6 to spare?
Please consider joining us as an occasional or steady volunteer in our gardens and/or in our various working groups.
Right now our biggest needs are helping hands, materials, and signage.
If you can pick up mulch for us from a list of locations we have, please call or email me.
Here are some working groups that could use some more helpers: http://lotsoffood.org/about/working-groups-and-functions/